BibSonomy is a social bookmarking and publication-sharing system. It integrates the features of bookmarking
systems with team-oriented publication management. PUMA offers the same features and additional means for science groups and universities.
PUMA and BibSonomy provide to their users the ability to store and organize their bookmarks and publications online. Further features include
the integration of scientific communities through user groups as well as the collection, management, exchange, export and display of literature lists.
With this plugin you have the possibility to render a list of publications, which you can filter by user or group.
In addition you can filter the list by using tags or free text search. So it’s possible to render your own
publications by selecting your own BibSonomy user and filtering the list with the tag ‘myown’. It’s also easily possible to integrate
your BibSonomy Tag Cloud.
To use this plugin, you need your PUMA/BibSonomy user name and API key.
A extensive description about the plugin is available at
- Unzip the
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the ‘TagCloudWidget’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Insert your API Settings through General Options on the BibSonomy CSL Options Page (find the latter on your settings-page in BibSonomy)
- On ‘new article’ or ‘new page’ page now then you find a meta box ‘Add BibSonomy Publications’. Here you can enter your settings for selecting the publications to display
6.1 Choose your content type (user/group/viewable) and enter the user id or or the group id
6.2 If you want filter your selection with tags (e.g. myown) or free text search
6.3 Choose a style from the given list or enter a custom url of another style
6.4 Customize the look and feel of the list, by changing the CSS
6.5 Save the post and take a preview/final look.
- To add a tag cloud go to Design => Widgets and drag the ‘BibSonomyTagCloud Widget’ to your preferred place and fill out the form.
PHP Extenstion Requirements
Make sure you have the listed extentions in your PHP settings.
No questions yet.
Contributors & Developers
“BibSonomy/PUMA CSL – Publications & Tag Cloud Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Support for WordPress 6.1+
- Update to latest restclient changes
- Update other dependencies
- Update to latest restclient version with new citeproc
- fix pdf preview and download
- fix tag cloud
- fix sorting
- fix year grouping