Automatically adds favicons next to links in your blogroll. Also adds favicons to the links admin area.
- Automatically caches favicon files locally.
- Icons in admin area
- Refresh Cache Button
- Add a default favicon if link has no favicon
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Links > Link Favicons and choose Refresh Cache. Click Update. This may take awhile depending on how many links you have!
- Are favicons cached locally?
Yes. The actual images are cached in /blogroll-links-favicons/cache/. This is new in v2.0.
- Some bookmarks aren’t showing any icon at all, why?
Try refreshing the favicons. Go to Links > Link Favicons and choose the refresh cache option. This refreshes all favicons. To refresh a single favicon, open the edit page for that link and click “Update Link.” Be careful, as page loads may slow to a crawl during this process which could last up to a minute or more if you’ve got a large number of links.
- How often is the cache refreshed?
At this point, refreshes must be done manually.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Blogroll Links Favicons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Blogroll Links Favicons” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixes 2.0 release bugs. (no cache folder & refresh problem)
- Adds true local image caching & admin area icons.
- Fixed “parse_url() expects exactly 1 parameter” bug
- Adds better PHP 4 compatibility
- Add plugin page ‘settings’ link.
- Fix author links.
- Fix refresh button problem
- Fix cache folder problem
- Add true local image caching
- Add icon display in admin area
- Add bundled default icon
- Add single link icon refresh.
- Remove Mosaic Mode
- Fix default favicon
- Add Mosaic Mode
- Fix text-indent bug on ul li a
- Change the way favicons are bound to links
- Tweak Regex again
- Tweak Regex
- WP nounce Tweak broke reverted back
- WP nounce Tweak
- Added screenshot
- Code and presentation clean up for 1.0 release
- Linked fav icon
- Updated Settings link
- Changed Sub menu location ,now under links
- Ability to add a default favicon if missing from site
- Force image size to be 16x 16
- Don’t show blank images
- Added wpnonce security check, fixed bug introduced in 0.3
- Added support fro hyphens in URLs
- Added snoopy class for URL fetching
- First version Check In