3-D Secure Payment Gateway by CardinalCommerce
Cardinal Consumer Authentication, leveraging 3-D Secure, helps you:
1. Reduce fraud
2. Accept more sales and improve authorization rates
3. Comply with regulations like PSD2-SCA (in Europe)
4. Reduce manual review for fraud
5. Cut chargeback fees
Compatible with the following payment service providers (PSPs):
* Chase Paymentech
* First Data
* Network Merchants (NMI)
* PayPal PayflowPro
* And more
Support for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
Call 877-352-8444 to receive credentials and get started!
Protect Your Online Store From Fraud with 3-D Secure
CardinalCommerce (a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa) offers a rules-based 3-D Secure (3DS) solution called Cardinal Consumer Authentication. Protect your web store from fraud, reduce false declines, reduce manual review of orders, and improve your authorizations.
Supports Verified by Visa (VbV), Mastercard SecureCode/Identity Check, Discover ProtectBuy, and American Express Amex Safekey.
Activate Cardinal Consumer Authentication to Comply with PSD2 SCA
If you sell to consumers in the European Economic Area (EEA), and use acquiring services in the EEA, then you will be required to comply with the PSD2 requirement for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). Your online store must support SCA for all digital transactions starting September 14, 2019. (Mastercard will require issuers, merchants, and acquirers to support SCA in the EEA starting in April, 2019.)
EEA countries include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
How 3-D Secure Solves for SCA
EMV® 3-D Secure (commonly known as 3DS 2.0) authenticates Card-Not-Present transactions to reduce fraud and false declines, and to increase good orders, with a better checkout experience for consumers. The PSD2 SCA requirement can be fulfilled by 3-D Secure because it works on any device and enables two-factor authentication.
Why Cardinal Consumer Authentication is THE Merchant Solution
Cardinal Consumer Authentication is an industry-leading solution for merchants to authenticate digital transactions, leveraging 3-D Secure. CCA balances the risk of the transaction with the consumer experience and authenticates most transactions behind the scenes. There is no consumer impact or interruption to the checkout process in most cases, and CCA uses consumer-friendly challenge methods to limit friction when necessary.
EMV® is a registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries and an unregistered trademark elsewhere. The EMV trademark is owned by EMVCo, LLC
- How do I get my Cardinal credentials?
Call or email CardinalCommerce once you have the plugin installed. Call us at 877-352-8444 or email email@example.com
Contributors & Developers
“3-D Secure Payment Gateway by CardinalCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“3-D Secure Payment Gateway by CardinalCommerce” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
2019.01.22 – Version 1.2.8
- Include information regarding PSD2
- Test up to WordPress 5.0.3
- Add optional merchant messaging to display in iFrame
2018.08.01 – Version 1.2.7
2018.08.01 – Version 1.2.6
- Fix shipping name
2018.07.20 – Version 1.2.5
- Add support for different instances
2018.06.08 – Version 1.2.4
- Add emulation mode for testing transactions as admin
2018.05.22 – Version 1.2.3
- Place fraud filtered orders in state returned by processor
2018.04.16 – Version 1.2.2
- Add handling for Authorize.net fraud detection codes
2018.04.03 – Version 1.2.1
- Add email and invoice number to authorization
- Add action code to order details
2018.03.28 – Version 1.2.0
- Operability with a wider variety of WooCommerce configurations
- Simplify plugin configuration by removing Processor ID, Merchant ID, and Transaction Password
- Support payment brand icon customization
2017.11.07 – Version 1.1.0
- Added Enable / Disable gateway functionality in settings
- Add payment brand logos to payment gateway
- Fixed jQuery reload bug, ensuring plugin functionality even if jQuery is loaded twice
2017.04.12 – Version 1.0
- First release