This plugin helps you create/register custom endpoints/Custom REST APIs into WordPress directly by using Graphical User Interface(GUI) to fetch any type of data from user roles, groups to featured images, and any custom data or fields as well that you want. Apart from just fetching data you can POST, PUT, DELETE (Insert, Update, Delete) data with these created Custom endpoint / Custom REST routes.
Any type of interaction with data is possible by creating Custom REST API endpoints with a very simple GUI. It means you can easily interact with the WordPress database to fetch/update/delete data using the custom endpoints created(generated) using this plugin.
This plugin takes care of writing the complex SQL query to fetch/update data and provides you with a very simple User interface to create or generate custom REST endpoints.
This plugin also provides the filter operations in which you can filter the data you want to show in the API endpoint response.
Also, this plugin takes care of the authentication/security of these custom generated API endpoints as well by providing support for highly secure API key authentication, Basic authentication, JWT authentication and most secure OAuth 2.0 authentication methods.
Additionally, you can control the visibility and customize the metadata attached to the Custom endpoint response. Also, it provides an option to protect your Custom REST API endpoints from unauthorized access such that endpoints can be secured and can only be accessed after successful validation.
Third-party/External API Integration into WordPress
- This plugin also helps you to integrate any external/third-party REST API endpoints into WordPress very easily using the GUI within seconds. So with these API integrations, you can connect to any external platforms and fetch the data using these external API endpoints to display the data on your WordPress(Woocommerce) site or can also process this data to use it further.
- These integrations can also be done on third-party plugin’s events like form submission using third-party plugins like Elementor, Wpforms, Gravityforms etc. and also payment status or subscription status based on transactions done via payment gateways like that provided by WooCommerce, WPForms, GravityForms or any other services.
- Apart from these, the external API integrations can be done on any event of the WordPress like user registration, user membership level change or any other.
- The plugin is compatible to update Woocommerce products data based on the data fetched from an external/third-party API provider(Supplier) on a real-time basis.
- This feature also provides the capabilities to register or login users to third-party platforms by making an API request to the third-party platforms.
• Accessing some custom data into your mobile application or web clients via custom REST API Endpoints.
• Interact with any standard database schema/tables or your custom-built schema/table to fetch/update/delete data using the custom API endpoints.
• Connect two WordPress sites or connect your WordPress site with a website built in any framework and Get/Update/Insert/Delete (CRUD) data of one website from another website with the help of Custom API and feasibility of connection with External APIs / Custom Endpoints developed in the external Website.
• Connect with External Rest API Routes to display data in your website or process the data received from External Endpoint.
• Integrate External/third-party REST API endpoints with third-party plugin’s payment gateways like that of WooCommerce, WPForms or any other custom gateway such that the API can be called automatically based on the payment status.
• Integrate External/third-party REST API endpoints with custom/third-party plugins’ forms like that of WPForms, Elementor, GravityForms etc such that the external APIs can be called on these forms submission or any related events to perform fetch/update/delete operation based on API endpoints.
• Sync third-party/external API provider’s(Supplier’s) API Inventory data into Woocommerce and display them in the products feed on a real-time basis.
• Integrate external APIs into Woocommerce.
Free Version Features
• Unlimited Custom REST APIs(endpoints) can be created
• Give names to Custom Endpoints/Custom REST routes
• Build custom REST routes for all tables within WordPress
• Build custom REST routes for fetching posts and taxonomies
• Fetch any type of data available in WordPress via custom REST API endpoints
• Full control of Custom REST API responses without writing a single line of PHP code.
• Fetch operation available with single WHERE condition
• Can be integrated with all types of applications
• Can perform simple and advanced SQL queries on the WordPress database by creating custom rest API routes
Premium Version Features
• Create/register custom namespaces and routes
• Multiple endpoints allowed per REST route
• Create(generate)Custom API route for posts and taxonomies creation, modification, deletion.
• Supports all kinds of HTTP Methods(GET, PUT, POST, DELETE)
• Filters included to alter and extend default functionality
• Fetch operation available with multiple custom conditions
• Limit the no of responses you get as a result of Custom Endpoints (API).
• Option to enable or disable the Custom API endpoints according to your requirements.
• Complex queries formation with an Advance mechanism.
• Restrict public access to all Custom REST API Routes with API KEY Authentication method and some other Authentication methods can also be provided as ADD-ON as per requirement like
1. REST API endpoints authentication using OAuth 2.0
2. REST API endpoints authentication using JWT Tokens
3. Basic Authorization with Username and Password
4. OAuth 2.0 authentication for REST API endpoints
5. Authentication from external OAuth/OIDC provider’s token for REST API endpoints
Enterprise Version Features
• All Premium Version Features
• Create(generate) Custom API endpoints with custom SQL Query so as to create custom API with your own complex SQL query.
• Connect with External REST API / External Endpoints, also known as third-party REST API endpoints.
• External API integration to fetch data in the WordPress, update data on the External API provider side.
• Supports all kinds of HTTP(GET/POST/PUT/UPDATE) Methods.
• Supports integration with Custom API / Custom Endpoints of External Website or Platform
• Dynamic WordPress hooks for each External API / Endpoint connection to perform operations on external data
• Compatibility with Third-Party Plugin Events like WooCommerce, WPForms, GravityForms, Membership Plugins, etc.
• Support for calling External / Custom Endpoints on third party plugin events.
• Compatibility with third-party plugin’s payment gateways provided by Woocoomerce, Wpforms, PayPal, Stripe or any custom payment gateway.
• Support for connection with Custom API / Custom Endpoints developed in any framework like Java, PHP, NodeJS, .NET, etc.
• Support of Dynamic headers for the External REST APIs / Custom APIs request
• Securely access External Endpoints by passing the required authentication parameter either in Header or Body
Authentication related information can be sent by any suitable REST client for eg- You can use CURL calls to send HTTP Requests or even any IDE like PHPSTORM or you can go with POSTMAN to send an authentication key.
Type of APIs supported:
• ‘HTTP GET` (This can be used to retrieve data from your WordPress)
• ‘HTTP POST’ (This can be used to insert data in your WordPress)
• ‘HTTP PUT’ (This can be used to update data in your WordPress)
• ‘HTTP DELETE’ (This can be used to delete data in your WordPress)
Type of Data which you can retrieve with Custom Endpoints:
• WP Users and User Meta
• WP Roles and Capabilities
• WP Posts, Pages and custom post types
• WP Options
• WP Taxonomy
• Woocommerce products, WordPress Membership plugins data
• Custom data, Custom posts, Custom parameters, Custom fields and many more
• Any third-party plugin’s or custom table’s data can be fetched/updated using these custom API endpoints
From your WordPress dashboard
Plugins > Add New
- Search for
Custom API for WP. Find and Install
Custom API for WPplugin by miniOrange
- Activate the plugin
Custom API for WPplugin
- Unzip and upload the
custom-api-for-wpdirectory to your
- Activate the miniOrange API plugin from your Plugins page.
- Go to the
Settings-> Custom APImenu
- Click on the
- Choose data that you want to retrieve with API and conditions to retrieve data
- Save the configuration and your API will be ready to use.
I do not see the data which I want to send with API?
Please email us at email@example.com or submit your query from the plugin support form so that we can provide support to you to achieve what you are looking for.
Can I write create or generate API endpoints in WordPress using my own complex custom SQL Query?
Yes, the plugin provides this functionality so that any custom endpoints can be created or generated based on your self-defined custom SQL query with any complexity, so SQL query can be used to perform operations using even multiple WP database tables.
How to integrate External/third-party side(Non-WordPress) REST API endpoints into WordPress?
The plugin provides the Graphical User Interface based feature to integrate or connect to any external API endpoints easily within WordPress and these connections can be used to fetch/update data via these external API endpoints on any WordPress events on a real-time basis.
How to create API endpoints in WordPress
This plugin is exactly meant to do that in which you can easily create any APIs to interact with WordPress database perform any operations like GET, POST, PUT, DELETE within seconds along with security.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom API For WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial version
- Added UI changes and contact form bug fix
- Added feedback form at deactivation
- Improved SEO and added compatibility with WP 5.5
- Showing all premium features and Added customer registration tab
- Bugs and UI fixes
- Bugs and UI fixes
- Added compatibility with WordPress v5.6
- Bugfix – Added support for LIKE condition
- Bug Fixes, Compatibility with WordPress v5.7 and integration with external APIs
- UI Updates, Bug Fixes
- Bug Fixes, Usability improvements, WordPress 5.8 compatibility
- Security Fixes, UI improvements, WordPress 5.8.2 compatibility
- UI bug Fixes and security Fixes