Cleever payment solution unlocks £5 discounts for your customers on each order, and at no cost to you!
When you install Cleever on your online store you get 2 main things:
- Increase conversion on your website with a simple and 100% funded discount program by Cleever, that boosts your sales
- Increase your margin with a 100% free secure payment platform accepting Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards. No hidden fees, it is all for FREE.
Our model is based on a membership paid by shoppers, allowing them to receive unlimited £5 discounts on each order – at no cost to you. We cover the discounts, and payment transactions are secured and 100% free with no hidden fees.
Cleever is available now, and can be integrated directly into your WooCommerce online store in a few clicks. No coding required.
Why will you love Cleever?
- Higher conversion: With unlimited £5 upfront discounts, more shoppers complete their orders and fewer abandon their cart at checkout.
- Repeat business: When customers know they can pay in 1 click with Cleever and get instant discounts every time, they’ll come back to shop more often.
- Bigger carts: Getting a discount on every order means customers are willing to add more to their carts, increasing your average order value.
- Zero payment fees: Yes, you read that right. £0 set-up fee, £0 per transaction and 0% on volume.
- Secure payment: Because we use Stripe technology, payments are made safe for your customers and you stay protected against fraud.
- Easy integration: Getting started with Cleever is easy for all WooCommerce stores. More e-commerce platforms to come soon.
- More traffic: Shoppers are actively looking for retailers where they can get instant Cleever discounts, boosting exposure and traffic to our network of partners.
- £5 discount on each order: We cover the discounts we give to your customers on each order. It won’t cost you a thing, as our model is based on paid memberships for shoppers.
Why will your shoppers love Cleever?
- Instant discounts: Your customers get a £5 discount, courtesy of Cleever, on every order. We’ll automatically adjust their order total at the payment step.
- Faster checkout: With Cleever’s simplified payment process, shoppers can checkout seamlessly in 1 click.
- Secure payment: Stripe-powered technology means credit card details stay safe, always.
- Better shopping options: Cleever’s network of retail partners helps customers discover new shops that offer them instant discounts and a seamless payment process.
And much more to come! Stay tuned.
It takes 5 minutes to be live!
Sign-up to Cleever
- Go to https://partners.cleever.com/register
- Enter your details, and follow the steps
As simple as this. The registration as Cleever partner will enable you to receive payments from Cleever shoppers.
Install the Cleever WooCommerce extension
- Connect to your WordPress account
- On the side bar, click on “Plugins”-”Add new”
- In the search bar, type Cleever
- Once you found Cleever, click on “Install now”
- When the plugin is installed, click on “Activate”
- In your WordPress Plugins > Installed Plugins > Cleever for WooCommerce settings, indicate your Cleever credentials. You can get your credentials by logging into on your Cleever merchant dashboard (http://partners.cleever.com)
- In Plugins > Installed Plugins > Cleever for WooCommerce settings, check that Cleever is enabled, choose your payment settings and save changes
- You are live!
What is “Secure payment by Cleever”?
Cleever is a free payment solution that offers great incentives to your customers. RELAX, we take care of the incentives!
Our model is based on a membership paid by shoppers, allowing them to benefit from many services when shopping online.
Cleever is a way to boost your sales: more shoppers that buy more and come back more often.
Do you also process payments for people who don’t to try the services?
Yes, we do! Cleever enables you to propose 2 options. Cleever payment for people who just want to pay, and Cleever discount for people who want to pay cheaper.
Shoppers interested in getting the discount will checkout using Cleever discount. The discount will be applied immediately.
Shoppers who just want to pay, will pay using Cleever secure payment option. Cleever payment will simply and securely process the payment without the discount.
What is the cost of “Secure payment by Cleever”?
Because our model is based on shopper memberships, Cleever is currently 100% free for all our merchants.
It won’t cost you a thing. We cover the discounts, and payments made through Cleever are 100% free for you with absolutely no hidden fees.
£0 set up fee, £0 per transaction and 0% on volume.
Do I have to pay for the discounts you give to my customers?
No, Cleever covers the discounts given to your customers. Our model works thanks to paid membership funded by shoppers.
Cleever Payment is 100% free for all our merchants.
Why should I use “Secure payment by Cleever”? I already have a payment provider.
Cleever allows your customers to receive instant £5 discounts and lets them pay in 1 click: Satisfied shoppers spend more and come back more often.
Cleever boost your sales: more shoppers that buy more and come back more often.
The best part? It won’t cost you a thing. We cover the discounts, and payments made through Cleever are 100% free for you with absolutely no hidden fees.
Does “Secure payment by Cleever” support both live mode and test modes?
Yes. You can switch between live and test modes by toggling on/off a checkbox in the admin settings.
Do you accept all merchants on Cleever?
The following categories of businesses and business practices are restricted from using our partner Stripe Service (“Restricted Businesses”).
By registering with us, you are confirming that you will not use the Service to accept payments in connection with the following businesses, business activities, or business practices, unless you have received prior written approval from Cleever.
What currency does Cleever support?
Currently, Cleever only supports payment processed in GBP, and soon all main currencies.
In what countries can I use Cleever?
Cleever is only available for merchants registered in the United Kingdom, at the moment. It will soon expand to countries like the US, Canada, and Australia.
Please note that shopper transactions originating from any country outside the UK may be rejected by our payment partners for safety reasons.
Which payment method does Cleever support?
By selling your product using Cleever, you can immediately accept purchases via:
– American Express
What is the Merchant Dashboard?
The Merchant Dashboard is the Cleever’s order handling system for online stores implementing Cleever as a payment system. Here you can:
– View all orders having gone through Cleever Payments
– Receive reports which can be used for bookkeeping
– Change your settings and company information
What will my shoppers see on their bank statement when they pay with Cleever?
Just like any other payment solution, for all the transactions Cleever will process on your behalf, it is your business name that will appear on your customers bank statement.
Can I refund my customers when they pay with Cleever?
Cleever allows you to issue full refunds to your customers. To issue a refund, follow the steps below:
– Log in to Cleever and access your Dashboard
– Select the payment you wish to refund
– Click on the “refund” button located on the right of each transactions
– Refunds will be processed and should be effective within a few days, depending on your customer bank processes.
Please note that when you issue a refund, the discounts offered by Cleever to your customer and paid back to you will also be reversed.
Is a payment made with Cleever secure?
Security is at the heart of Cleever. All transactions are processed by our partner Stripe. Stripe follows the latest security standard and offers a secure environment for your transactions, as well as for your customer payment details. Stripe offers a PCI compliance level 1, the highest standard in the card payment industry.
I have changed my Organisation Number. What do I need to do?
If you have made changes to your business, such as changing the structure as a sole trader to a limited company, you will need to complete a transfer of your agreement with Cleever
Do I have a contact person?
Yes, you will have a specific contact available to support you. Don’t hesitate to contact our Merchant Support through phone or email for assistance.
When will the payments be transferred to my bank account?
The payments are transferred to your bank account on Monday, 7 days after the transaction on your site. For example, if a transaction was made on Thursday, July 16, then the payments will be transferred to you on Monday, August 3.
This delay allows us to mitigate some of the risks inherent in online payments.
In order to get the money into your bank account, connect to your dashboard and initiate a payout. The available money will then be transferred to your account.
Contributors & Developers
“Discount at payment by Cleever” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
2.1.0 – 2022-12-14
- Add shipping slot
- Add product slot
- Display new price when we tick the box in the integrated form
- Cleever payment can be activated alone
2.0.4 – 2022-01-28
- Optimize refund for m-payment
- Update error message on refund errors
- Add param to card-form url to identify the merchant
2.0.3 – 2021-11-11
- Optimize CRON to handle pending payment
- Optimize IPN to update trash order status
- Optimize the way to have the Cleever payment position
- Optimize the update of the Cleever checkout informations
2.0.2 – 2021-10-27
- Manage CSS and JS cache file system
2.0.1 – 2021-10-26
- Fix issue on test mode
2.0.0 – 2021-10-26
- New gateway to manage payments without discount
- Enable total and partial refunds from WooCommerce back-office
- Improve management of pending orders
1.0.0 – 2021-09-20
- Add plugin version information
- Save plugin status on CTA BO, (un)installation, (dev)activation
- Display discount at checkout, order confirmation, email order confirmation
- Add iframe mode
- Update banners once by 24h
- Default banners options set to ‘On’
0.2.3 – 2021-07-11
- Display banners only when Cleever is enabled
- Add Amplitude information
- Remove Cleever tag on order creation
0.2.2 – 2021-02-25
- Fix : check if WC_Logger exists
0.2.1 – 2021-02-24
- Fix : manage wp_error messages
0.2.0 – 2021-02-22
- Allow display Cleever banners
0.1.0 – 2020-11-27
- First Release to add Cleever payment gateway