The Plugin scan yout Theme functions.php file if there any Google Font calls.
If there any calls to the Google font serber, the plugin get the font url – download the font to your sever/webhost and add a new css file to your theme.
Also the Plugin blocks the calls to the Google font server.
So all fonts there are definied in the themes functions.php file can be used without ANY calls to the Google Servers.
In the free version only WordPress default themes are supported
(Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Sixteen)
Features Free Version
Automatically scans your theme functions.php file if there any Google font calls.
The Plugin download the founded fonts in your themes function.php file to your webhost/server.
Blocks loading Google Fonts from the Google Server (load fonts from local webhost/server)
Adds a new CSS file to you theme via a hook so the fonts can normally be use
Features PRO Version
All Features of the free version
Supports ALL themes
Setup assistance by one of our employees
Premium Support & Premium Updates for Lifetime
Costs €6,99,- / Licence for one Domain.
To buy the Pro version please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload plugin over wordpress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the Plugin by clicking on the menu point in wordpress admin called “Google Web Fonts”
- Activate “Google Web Fonts usage” and then start the Process via the “start process”.
- Now all Google Web Fonts used by your themes functions.php file saved to your host and the plugin block loading fonts from the google servers.
- What themes are supported in the free version?
In the free version only the wordpress default themes are supported (Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Sixteen).
In the pro version ALL themes are supported.
- If i use this plugin can i use Google Web Fonts DSGVO / GDPR conform?
Short answer, yes!
Long answer: The plugin scans your themes functions.php file. If the plugin found any Google Font Server calls the plugin download the fonts to your webhost/server.
Also the Pugin create a new CSS file to include the downloaded fonts in WordPress. At last the plugin blocks all calls to the Google Font Server.
So u can use all Google Fonts totally DSGVO / GDPR conform.
Contributors & Developers
“DSGVO Google Web Fonts GDPR” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DSGVO Google Web Fonts GDPR” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.