Forces all users to have a strong password when they’re changing it on their profile page. If user enters a weak password an error message is displayed.
It uses the same algorithm to determine password strength as WordPress.
On multisite, network administrator can define required password strength (Network Admin –> Settings –> Enforce Strong Passwords). On single site it’s admin has this capability (Options –> Enforce Strong Passwords).
Developed for private use, but has perspective for more extensive usage. I can’t guarantee any support in the future nor further development, but it is to be expected. Kindly inform me about bugs, if you find any, or propose new features: email@example.com.
- Install as usual and activate
No questions asked yet. Ask.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Enforce Strong Password” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added Dutch language files (thanks to Ronald de Caluwé)
- Fix warnings while updating user profile.
- Use validate_password_reset hook introduced in WordPress 3.5.
- Fix compatibility issue with WordPress 3.5.1 while resetting password.
- Require WordPress 3.5.1.
- enforce strong password also when resetting passwords (thanks to Daniel Henrique Alves Lima)
- minor text changes
- added pt_BR translation (thanks to Daniel Henrique Alves Lima)
- code refreshed (rewritten into php class)
- options page for admin resp. network admin
- ability to select minimal required password strength
- uploaded to wordpress.org
- added czech translation
- error message update
- first version