GlotPress is a great free tool for localising your plugins and themes. When translators add new translations to GlotPress, they don’t always tell you. If your GlotPress installation is paired with a WordPress installation, this plugin gives you an easy way to find out what’s waiting for approval:
- list the projects and languages with strings waiting for approval
- subscribe to email notifications for individual projects
Admins, validators, and translators can all view strings waiting for approval and receive notification emails. End the guessing game.
Many thanks to the generous efforts of our translators:
If you’d like to help out by translating this plugin, please sign up for an account and dig in. Yes, it’s GlotPress.
- Either install automatically through the WordPress admin, or download the .zip file, unzip to a folder, and upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Read Installing Plugins in the WordPress Codex for details.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to GlotPress Notify > Settings in the admin and set the GlotPress table prefix and sender email address
Does GlotPress need to be in the same database as WordPress?
Yes. This plugin only looks at GlotPress tables in the same database as the WordPress installation it’s running from.
It’s not unusual for a WordPress installation to be set up on the same database as GlotPress, with the wp_users table as the GlotPress users table, because it makes it easier to manage user registrations. This is how I have it, and why I wrote the notifications plugin as a WordPress plugin.
Can it manage multiple GlotPress installations?
Can I change the email template?
Yes, copy it from the plugin’s templates folder into your theme, in a folder called “plugins/glotpress-notify”.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GlotPress Notify” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors