Grid Accordion combines the look and functionality of a grid with that of an accordion, allowing you to create image grids which are fully responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Fully responsive on any device
- Touch support for touch-enabled screens
- Customizable number of columns
- Possibility to change the aspect and configuration of the grid based on screen size
- Animated and static layers, which can contain text, images or any HTML content
- Keyboard navigation
- Mouse wheel navigation
- Pagination for the panels
- Retina support
- Lazy loading for images
- Deep linking (link to specific slide inside the accordion)
- Lightbox integration
- Swap image when the panel is opened
- Clean and intuitive admin interface
- Preview grid accordions directly in the admin area
- Drag and drop panel sorting
- Publish grid accordions in any post (including pages and custom post types), in PHP code, and widget areas
- Caching system for quick loading times
- Load images (e.g., featured images) and content dynamically, from posts (including custom post types), WordPress galleries and Flickr
- Action and filter hooks to add to the functionality of the plugin
- Import and export grid accordions
These videos demonstrate the full capabilities of the plugin.
Premium Add-ons allow you to further extend the functionality of the grid accordion:
- Revisions: Automatically stores a record of each edit/update of your accordions, for comparison or backup purposes. Each accordion will have its own list of revisions, allowing you to easily preview a revision, analyze its settings, compare it to other revisions or restore it.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Grid Accordion Insert a Grid Accordion instance.
To install the plugin:
- Install the plugin through Plugins > Add New > Upload or by copying the unzipped package to wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate the Grid Accordion plugin through the ‘Plugins > Installed Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
To create grid accordions:
- Go to Grid Accordion > Add New and click the ‘Add Panels’ button.
- Select one or more images from the Media Library and click ‘Insert into post’.
- After you customized the grid accordion, click the ‘Create’ button.
To publish grid accordions:
Copy the [grid_accordion id=”1″] shortcode in the post or page where you want the accordion to appear. You can also insert it in PHP code by using , or in the widgets area by using the built-in Grid Accordion widget.
How can I set the size of the images?
When you select an image from the Media Library, in the right columns, under ‘ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS’, you can use the ‘Size’ option to select the most appropriate size for the images.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Grid Accordion” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Grid Accordion” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- improve support for gallery slides
- add support for deferred loading of scripts
- fix layers’ admin settings bug
- modify user capability requirements for editing accordions
- add possibility to extend the sidebar settings panels
- other fixes and improvements
- add Gutenberg block
- some fixes and improvements
- added code mirror editor to HTML textareas
- add filter for allowed HTML tags
- other fixes and improvements
- added the add-on installation interface
- fixed the inline CSS widht and height of the grid accordion
- initial release on WordPress.org
- fix styling for sidebar panels