Map Analytics is a Word-press mapping plugin (using Google Maps) from Information Analytics that adds advanced KML support (as well as GeoJSON display) in easy to use fashion to your site, including maps displaying custom icons and layer controls. Just upload a kml like you would any media and insert it on your page via an auto built short-code, it’s that easy. The KML will determine the map view and you can position and size the map via normal css or short code parameters.
After the plug-in is installed. Set your Google API key (if you wish to use static maps that requires special settings in your google account)
Add KML|GeoJSON to a Page or Post
To add a KML (with custom icons or not) first you need a KML. It is easy to build the kml with google earth or even export the kml from your GIS mapping software(icons or images used in your kml should be uploaded on the web – most conveniently upload them to your wordpress site when you build the kml) and referenced from there in your kml as you make it.
Note: An Add Map button using information set in the Map Analytics parameter pane below and a quick Add KML button appears in the visual editor for pages and posts
Features in 20181107
- Easy insertion of uploaded or linked kml using your standard media library
- Auto creates shortcodes so you dont have to remember the codes (and obvious codes so you probably will)
- Custom icons – shows any icons you put in the kml icon image must be web accessible
- Enables layer control support via the GeoXml parser along side the map or via the widget anywhere on your pages
- Focuses on use of short-code and standard uploading methods
- Allows shortcode modification for setting of map “id” and “style” for styling and positioning of maps (via css or inline style)
- Over-riding initial view of kml by finding your location or with a simple search
- Show Icon At Center – for the simple case when you lack a kml and want to show just one point
- Supports google maps static maps for those not needing interactions or kml
- works in gutenberg environment
Coming Advanced Features
- Built-in KML | GeoJSON editor.
- Multiple KMLs via drop down selection on a single map with smooth transition after selection (no page reload – map area just slides into view).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the button in the sidebar to set your map key.
- Where do I get a google maps api key?
An answer to that question.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“IA Map Analytics Basic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed error with icons which are asymmetric not loading (induced by change in googles api – they now adjust automatically instead of requiring custom onload for the image)
- Initial Published Version.
- Now works in Gutenberg