This sidebar’s widget offer you the possibility to show your last tweet(s) (THE last by default) in your WordPress web site.
Another advantage is the possibility to use a cache system with an adjustable period.
You also can show your avatar, action links (Favorite, Reply, Retweet), activate a slideshow of latest tweets, and customize the CSS.
- Easy to install.
- Panel for easy configuration (Appearance -> Widgets).
- Show or hide your avatar
- Default CSS can be disabled or customized
- Unlimited customization (colors of the widget, several default styles, etc.)
- Adjustable period for cache system
- Can active the action links
- Can active an auto slideshow script and chose delay between two tweets
- Shortcode to insert the widget where you want
- Included: Tutorial to create a Twitter plugin (needed for API 1.1)
In your site:
- Smart default style (CSS) and compatible with Social Subscribers Counter styles
- Flat styles with customizable colors
- Display link (with special CSS classes) for hastags, users, and web link (
- Display twitter’s user link and statut’s link
- Display source (web, Tweetdeck, etc.) when it’s possible
- In option: Show action links like Retweet, Reply and Fav
- In option: little slideshow of one tweet in a list of tweets
For developpers, numerous hooks are available, template function is available (see FAQ for more info) 😉
- Turkish (thanks to Hakaner!)
- Nowegian (thanks to Nilsel!)
- Italian (thanks to superciccio14!)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (thanks to trindademeier!)
- Dutch (thanks to Jan Willem Wilmsen!)
Thanks to Greg and Julien for your advices in some parts of this plugin 😉
Another plugin :
* Juiz Social Post Sharer
You like it ? You can donate or tweet for this plugin.
Thank you !
Full documentation in the plugin folder ! (documentation.html)
Or here: Documentation
You can use one of the both method :
Installation via your WordPress website
- Go to the admin menu ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Install’ and search for ‘Juiz last tweet’
- Click ‘install’ and activate it
- Configure your widget in Appearance -> Widgets
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure plugin in Appearance -> Widgets.
Full documentation in the plugin folder! (documentation.html)
Or here: Documentation
I have a mixed content error due to HTTP instead of HTTPS
Yup, you should update to the version 1.3.7+ 🙂 Thanks!
The Twitter Bird image doesn’t appear! What’s happened?
Sorry, I don’t know. Try to uninstall/install the plugin or just pick up the image in the svn repository.
Why the widget show me an error of load for my tweets ?
First: do you have the latest version of this plugin?
Second: did you find the settings page, create your Twitter plugin?
My tweets are not always updated
Since the v1.1.3, the cache system prefers keep your old tweets instead of displaying a error message due to a lack of tweets inside the Twitter flow. It’s a kind of security: old tweets are better than error message 🙂
You need to custom the design, hide something ?
You can use lot of CSS classes and filters to help you in you quest 🙂
See the documentation.html files inside your plugin folder !
Contributors & Developers
“Juiz Last Tweet Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Juiz Last Tweet Widget” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Juiz Last Tweet Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix issues with HTTPS mixed content
- Tested up to WordPress 4.5 (RC1)
- Tested up to PHP 7
- Better code readability
- Better compatibility with WordPress Translation Project
- Tested in WordPress 4.4.0
- Bug fix: PHP Notice when default CSS is activated
- We lost the previous fantastic version number ^^
- Tested in WordPress 4.3.0
- Better compatibility with WP 4.3.0 (Widget declaration)
- WordPress 4.0 compatible
- New app Icon
- Bug fix
- Fatal error fixed thanks to @lespacedunmatin
- oAuth Notice removed
- The widget work for people behind a http proxy (thank you Frank)
- Fun version number, isn’t it?
- WordPress 3.9.x compatible
- Force box-sizing in content-box to prevent JS calc. errors (in case you use slideshow of tweets)
- Some new CSS styles for flat Dark and flat Light design (centered avatar)
- Some words change with the new Twitter nomenclature (API key and Access Token)
- Box jump it’s solved if you use flat Dark and flat Light design
- If cURL is deactivated in your server, the plugin show you an alert instead of an 500 error code 😉
- Translation: Update of Turkish language (thanks to Hakaner!)
- Improvement: HTML5 API Visibility used for slideshow of tweets (stop the transitions if page is not visible)
- Fix: fatal error removed (I don’t know exactly when it happens) (thanks to DaveMaison)
- Fix: Twitter oAuth Exception (declare class only if doesn’t exist)
the_tweets()now really functional
- Improvement of custom style application
- Twitter API 1.0 is no longer active (source), this plugin only use the latest API 1.1.
- Improvement of speed
- Improvement of code lisibility
- Improvement of administration’s accessibility
- Improvement of slides animations (smoothy animation)
- New color picker to change color of links (hashtag, username, and classical links)
- New Flat styles and color picker to customize background colors
- New Dutch Translation (thanks to Jan Willem Wilmsen!)
- New hook
jltw_remove_follow_us_lineto remove part of code (see documentation)
- New hook
jltw_remove_metadatato remove part of code (see documentation)
- Remove of the option “change RSS feed” (because of the API 1.0 death)
- New classes in tweets list (
- JS optimization: ‘current’ class become ‘jltw_current’
- Twitter oAuth optimization (load class only if doesn’t exist)
- Translation update (Turkish, thanks to Hakaner)
- Readme.txt correction
- Commit fix, missing inc/ folder included (sorry!)
- Some PHP optimization
- Twitter API 1.1 compatible
- New page options available (for Twitter API 1.1 compatibility)
- New shortcode
- New function
get_the_tweets( $args )and
the_tweets( $args )available
- New (Brazilian) portuguese (thanks to trindademeier
- Tested for WordPress 3.5.1
- Tested for WordPress 3.5
- New Twitter API 1.1 (fallback on Twitter search feed in case of Rate limit exceeded)
- Some new CSS classes (see documentation)
- Some CSS improvement
- Italian Translation by superciccio14
- New function jltw( $args )
- New function get_jltw ( $args );
- Markup fix (remove ID ‘juiz_last_tweet_tweetlist’, it’s a class now)
- Conflict between your own CSS and default CSS fixed
- Fix for an error message in WP Debug Mode at the first use of the widget
- Nowegian translation
- New widget option : action links (Reply, Retweet, Favorite)
- Better management of the cache system (try to preserve your tweets cached if Twitter clears its flow)
- New hooks for developer
- Optimization of hastag search link
- Fix for a Notice PHP error in WP Debug Mode
- Fix for shortcode (/!\ Use 0 and 1 instead of false and true now)
- New Twitter logo
- Hastag Regexp updated (better multilingual compatibility)
- Tested successfully on multiblog
- Files encoding fixes
- Some CSS improvement
- Little debug fix
- HTML fix (bad markup at the end of tweet)
- Correction in the date for PHP4 server
- Correction for cache system
- Add a shortcode (jltw)
- Add several hooks (see the FAQ or documentation.html file)
- Better control and switching of Twitter RSS feed
- Better links parser
- Some fixes with CSS (special case)
- Turkish translation by Hakaner
- Bug fix for multiple Last Tweet Widgets
- Bug fix for HTML tag display inside Tweets
- Bug fix for cache system (now uses the WP cache ssystem)
- Bug fix for Twitter API limitation
- Bug fix for disabling default CSS
- You can now show your avatar
- Bug fix for initial cache
- Bug fix for empty pseudo
- Initial Release, beta.