Nokia Maps for Your Blog
Official Nokia Maps & Places plugin is powered by Nokia Maps API. Add it to your blog to share information about your favorite places and to display maps.
- Easy to install: no need for additional configuration, adds a button to media insert/upload section
- Easy to use: search using keywords or right click on the map, choose a place from a list, edit place title and insert the place widget into the editor
- Three ready-to-use templates to customize your places widget
- Use different map tiles including public transport and traffic information tiles
- Support for dashboard QuickPress
- All required data is stored in a shortcode, no additional tables needed
- Readers of your blog will be able to:
- Pan or zoom a map
- Rate a place
- Use contact information (phone number, e-mail, Web page)
- See a place in Nokia Maps
- Get directions on Nokia Maps
- Share a place on Facebook or Twitter with one click
- Share a place on any Web site using an URL
- If a place allows booking (hotels, etc.) – initiate booking with one click
Just follow one of procedures described here. We recommend using WordPress built-in installer. Remember to activate a plugin once it is installed.
Note: when upgrading a plugin make sure you deactivate and then remove existing plugin version using Plugins Panel in the Administration Panels of your WordPress site or manually, as described here.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Nokia Maps & Places” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Nokia Maps & Places” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
End of support Nokia Maps & Places plugin
- Performance improvements for place display
- Place search popup fix
- Other bugfixes
- Compatibility fix. Plugin is now compatible with newest wordpress versions.
- Bugfixes and improvements
- Fixing NOTICE errors when wordpress is running in debug mode
- Fixing bubble endless spinner when geo service fails
- Other minor bugfixes and improvements
- Switched to Nokia Maps API 2.2.1
- Switched to new geocoder 6.2
- Added Traffic and Public Transport in a wizard and in a place widget
- Added “Get directions” link in actions (opens Nokia Maps in a new window, current implementation has pop-up blocking issues)
- Bug fixes
- Geo IP Location, then browser language preference is used for initial map position
- Map Right Click location selection (possible coordinate selection when address is not available)
- Introducing preview bubble during result selection
- Possible place selection and zoom into place from the preview bubble
- More search results displayed on map
- Improved searching experience
- Rendered map icons are clickable
- Instant zooming to cities, countries and administration areas when searched
- Increasing Thickbox window and map size
- Introducing place title change
- Tile type on “Customize your map” set according to tile type on “Search for the place or address”
- Improved support for legacy addresses
- Fixed layout issues
- Nokia Maps API (2.2.0) used to generate Map and Places information
- Introducing common identifier for both Places and Addresses (href parameter in shortcode)
- Zoom level and tile type are persistent (during place layout selection, changing zoom level or tile type will reflect in final Place/Address display)
- Fixed Layout issues for place/address selection wizard
- Templates for place/address selection wizard are part of the plugin bundle
- Numbers added to result list items will reflect the numbered pins shown on the map
- Fixed layout issues for results with small amount of data
- Improved pin positioning within place’s templates
- ‘Results not found’ are communicated to the user
- CSS bug fix
- Support for sidebar widgets.
- New compact template to use.
- Bug fixes.
- Fixed iframe url on frontend side – always use get_option(‘siteurl’)
- New labels for Add place popup: display options (Customize your map)
- Remove unused tinymce/colorbox
- Remove unnecessary wp_enqueue_script from nokia-mapsplaces.php to fix failing placesapi GET requests
- Replace nokia-places-plugin with nokia-mapsplaces
- New contributor: radek.adamczyk
- Initial release