The Organic Profile Block is designed to work with the WordPress 5 block editor and Gutenberg plugin. This custom block is designed to display personal profiles. It includes options to add a profile image, name, title, biography, and social media links. The social media options include icon links to personal profiles for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and email. The profile block is an excellent solution for creating author profiles on posts, staff or employee pages, and testimonials.
A premium version of the block is included in the Organic Blocks Bundle plugin. The bundle includes 12 premium blocks for the Gutenberg editor. The premium Profile Block can display unlimited social media links, and features several more options for modifying the profile image size, colors, and style.
The following blocks are only available by upgrading to the Premium Version:
- Content Slideshow Block View Example – Display any posts type within a customizable slideshow.
- Posts Block View Example – Display a collection of posts from any post type in a customizable layout — perfect for blogs and featured news sections.
- Portfolio Block View Example – Showcase any post type in a masonry style portfolio layout.
- Premium Profile Block View Example – Showcase personal profiles with social media links — perfect for displaying team members and author profiles.
- Testimonials Block View Example – Display customer and client testimonials in a customizable slideshow.
- Pages Block View Example – Display a customizable section of featured pages.
- Header Block View Example – Create headers for your website displaying your logo, site title, and custom menus in a customizable layout.
- Footer Block View Example – Create a custom footer for your website displaying copyright information, legal links, social media icons, and more.
- Widget Area Block View Example – A unique block for registering widget areas on any page or post of your website.
- Toggle Block View Example – A custom block for toggling the display of content — perfect for documentation and FAQ pages.
- Modal Block View Example – Create content within a customizable popup box that can be viewed by clicking on a link.
- Alert Block View Example – Notify your website visitors of important information using the Alert Block.
This plugin is open source software, and you may actively contribute on Github.
Installation & Setup
Note: This plugin requires the WordPress 5 block editor or the Gutenberg plugin active.
- Upload ‘organic-profile-block’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Within a post or page, select the ‘+’ symbol to add a new block.
- From the ‘Blocks’ tab, select the ‘Profile’ block.
- Add your profile image and content to the block.
- Within the ‘Block’ section on the right, add your social media links.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Organic Profile Block
Q: Does this plugin require the Gutenberg plugin?
A: Yes, the Gutenberg plugin must be installed and active in order to use this block.
A: Select the block, and within the ‘Block’ section on the right you can add links to your social media profiles.
Q: Can I use the Organic Profile Block with themes other than Organic Themes?
A: Yes, the block will work and transfer between themes.
Contributors & Developers
“Organic Profile Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Organic Profile Block” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Organic Profile Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated edit button class
- Updated README text
- Mobile style fix
- Fixing dismissible notice
- Adding blocks bundle admin notices
- Fixed social media links from breaking on reload
- Fixed attribute issues that resulted in block breaking on editor reload
- WordPress 5.3 compatibility updates
- Mobile style updates
- Wide alignment support
- Updated for Gutenberg 4.2.0 compatibility
- Added formatting support for name and title headings
- Commenting and cleanup
- Updated for Gutenberg 3.1.0 compatibility
- Changed Editable fields to RichText fields
- Updated method for registering block and enqueuing files
- Significant updates to block.js to account for Gutenberg updates
- Updates to media upload button to account for Gutenberg changes
- Initial plugin release