Automatically creates an image banner with the heading of the latest post, for use on web sites or as a signature in discussion forums.
The banner image is contstructed from a template image of any size, on top of which text with a user-selected typeface, color and placement is placed at each time a new post is published (or the latest post is updated).
With the use of the image banner as a forum signature you can provide a way of always advertising your latest post on the discussion forums you frequent. The plugin automatically provides bbCode and HTML appropriate for use as signature code for most discussion boards.
- Upload the folder
- Make sure the uploaded folder is writeable (chmod 666)
- Upload a template image (preferably in PNG format) to the uploaded directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optional: Upload a font file in TTF format to the uploaded directory
- Input the appropriate settings, including the name of the font file in step 5 if you selected to perform this step.
- Why is my text not showing?
If you are getting a signature image without text (completely black if you use the default template) it’s because of a bug in the positioning. Set “Right Position” to something that is not -1 (50 for example) to position the text inside the image. This is fixed in the next version that is coming soon.
- Where can I get new fonts?
I downloaded the ones included in the plugin from http://www.dafont.com/. There are loads of sites that provide free fonts.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Osiris Signature Banner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Osiris Signature Banner” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
First released version