Pocket WP connects to the Pocket API and pulls in your latest saved links with tags and excerpts into a WordPress page, post or widget.
Due to the way Pocket’s API works, you need to complete a few steps before you can use the plugin.
Install and activate the plugin.
Create an application on the Pocket Developers website, enter your Consumer Key into the Pocket WP settings page and click Save Changes to start the authorization process.
Click the Get Access Key link to complete the authorization.
The shortcode embeds a list of Pocket links into a page or post.
The basic shortcode is
[pocket_links] and it accepts some optional arguments:
count: [any number] // How many links to display. Default is all. excerpt: yes, no // Whether or not to display the excerpt extracted by Pocket. Default is yes. tag: [any one of your Pocket tags] // Choose to show links from one tag. Supports one tag only. Default is all links, tagged or untagged. credit: yes, no // Choose to add author credit. Default is to not show credit links. tag_list: yes, no // Whether or not to show a list of tags after each link.
The Widget is available to drag and drop into any widgetized sidebars. It has some options:
title // the title for the widget count // the number of links to show. Default is 5 tag: [any of your Pocket tags] // Choose to show links from one tag. Currently supports one tag only. Default is all links, tagged or untagged. author credit: yes, no // Choose to give author credit. Default is to not show credit links.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Follow installation instructions on the plugin options page or at the plugin website.
Visit the plugin website for more information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Pocket WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixing an issue with link generator not having closing div. (Thanks to Myles Gray for catching this.)
- Improved the way plugin handles untagged posts. It now shows “untagged” in the tag list instead of throwing an error. Tag list can be turned off by using tag_list=”no”
- Adding error checking on pocket feed retrieval.
- Fix so shortcode doesn’t always display above text.
- Fixing activation message to only show once on first install.
- First public release
- Made author credit opt-in (was opt-out)
- Code clean up
- Added settings link in plugin list
- Added activation notice
- Second beta version (not public)
- Fixed bugs and cleaned up code
- Removed option to use multiple tags as Pocket didn’t seem to support this
- Beta version (not public)