Sa11y is an accessibility quality assurance tool that visually highlights common accessibility and usability issues. Geared towards content authors, Sa11y straightforwardly identifies errors or warnings at the source with a simple tooltip on how to fix them.
Sa11y works in Preview mode.
- Over 50 checks.
- Concise tooltips explain issues right at the source.
- Automatically checks content once the page has loaded.
- Highly customizable. Turn off or hide irrelevant checks.
- Content editors can temporarily dismiss warnings.
- 100% free and open source.
- Available in English, French, Polish, Ukrainian, German, and Swedish.
- Supports Multisite: create global settings and custom defaults for all websites on your network.
Visit the project website for a demo or to learn more!
Contributors & Developers
“Sa11y, the accessibility quality assurance assistant | Accessibility Checker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Sa11y, the accessibility quality assurance assistant | Accessibility Checker” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Upgrade to Sa11y 3.0.3
- Added Spanish and several machine translations including: Czech, Danish, Greek, Estonian, Finnish, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Latvian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Slovenian, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)
- New ruleset to flag non-descript DOI (digital object identifier) links.
- Check out the latest release notes for Sa11y 3.0.3!
- Bug fixes.
- Upgrade to Sa11y 3!
- Content editors now have the ability to temporarily dismiss warnings, preview pages with various colour filters, and new admin settings.
- German translation added.
- Multisite support added. Multisite admins can create global exclusions and provide custom defaults.
- Check out the latest release notes for Sa11y 3.0!
- Improved Page Outline panel.
- Various bug fixes.
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.3.5
- View latest release notes for Sa11y
- List of headings in the Page Outline panel are now clickable.
- Swedish translation added.
- View full release notes for Sa11y 2.3.3.
- Tested with WordPress 6.0
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.2.4
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.2.3
- Sa11y’s main panel is now 33% smaller.
- Added skip to previous issue shortcut: alt + w or alt + <
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.2.2
- Added Polish, Ukrainian, and French (Canadian) translations. This does not include the “Advanced Settings” page at this time. The language will automatically change based on the page language.
- Name change: Ryerson University is now Toronto Metropolitan University!
- Minor fixes.
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.1.9
- Upgrade to Sa11y 2.1.8
- Bug fix.
- Bug fix.
- Initial release of official WordPress plugin.