Slideshow background adds a full size, smooth transition slideshow to the background of a WordPress site. Images can be selected from the media library or uploaded via drag-and-drop. Every page load will begin at a random position in the image loop so that users are not presented with the same start image every page change.
Additionally, the images maintain their aspects ratios during resize and turn off for mobile users.
This plug-in was conjured up by a nerd at Think Bowl
Installation from zip:
- From wp-admin interface, select Plugins -> Add New
- Click Upload
- Click “Choose File” and select zip
- Click “Install Now”
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Installation from WordPress Plugin Directory
- From wp-admin interface, go to Plugins -> Add New
- Search for “Simple Slideshow Background”
- Click Install Now under the plugin name
- Click Ok to install the plugin
- Click Activate Plugin once installed
- Can I use existing photos in my media library?
Yes. It is not recommended to select the largest format. Generally the second largest is a reasonable balance between load time and picture quality.
- This plug-in helped me a lot. How can I ever repay you?
A small Paypal donation at Think Bowl.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Slideshow Background” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added two settings to allow temporarily disabling slideshow and setting timer between images.
- First release with simple functionality.