Slick Slideshow is a highly customizable, but easy-to-use JQuery Slideshow Plugin, to show dynamic images or contents on your website.
Visit the Plugin Page to see it in action.
Inspired by a tutorial from sixrevisions.com, we adapted the
extended work from Blog Monnet USA. Our part was finally to create a WordPress-Plugin from that.
- All Styles, Animation Parameters and Contents are customizable easily over the backend
- Can use Image URLs (unexperienced users) or custom HTML (experienced Users)
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict, Valid CSS 2
- Compatibility to other JQuery WordPress Plugins (you can use a Lightbox like Colorbox for example for images in the Slideshow)
- Fast and efficient
- Does not require extra-tables in your database (actually this might be required one day, but currently everything works fine)
- GPLv2 licensed as it is a requirement of the WordPress Codex (donations for the efforts and further development are fair and welcome)
- Languages: English, German
Upload the “slick-slideshow” directory in wp-content/plugins/ or use the the WordPress auto-installer for plugins.
Activate the Plugin through the Plugins page.
Embed the slick slideshow by either pasting the shorttag
into the content of a post or page or just call
from any position inside your theme.
4.Go to Settings->Slick Slideshow to style and customize your Slideshow in any way!
- Fill - Add and delete as much slides as you want - Edit Animation Options and deactivate the JQuery embedding, if you do not need it - Edit the Style Options or create your completly customized stylesheet from the prepared CSS code
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Slick Slideshow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Slick Slideshow” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Initial Release for the Plugin directory.