Quickly insert a thumbshot of any website with a shortcode and a URL as a parameter into any WordPress post/page. This plugin makes use of the Thumbshots.com service and can be used with either a free or a paid account.
Thanks to Ian Blackford from Design Conscious for the initial concept and funding of the plugin.
Follow the steps below to install the WordPress Thumbshots plugin on your site…
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ page of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the ‘Add New’ button at the top to install a new plugin.
- Search for “wordpress thumbshots plugin” and in the results, find it.
- Click the ‘Install’ link to the right and install the plugin.
- Download the ZIP package from WordPress.org.
- Upload the
thumbshotsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
To display a thumbnail/screenshot of a website inside any WordPress post/page, put the shortcode
[thumbshot url="http://domain.com"] and replace the URL parameter with your preferred URL/link. You can use multiple instances of this shortcode in a post/page and on multiple posts/pages.
- Can I use multiple instances?
Yes, you can use multiple instances on a post/page and on multiple posts/pages.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tribulant Thumbshots” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tribulant Thumbshots” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed plugin name to
- Updated WordPress compatibilit to 4.0
- Thanks to Ian Blackford for the initial concept and funding of the plugin
- Initial release of the WordPress Thumbshots plugin.