The WooCommerce Inspector is a WordPress plugin that allows you to click on any element and find out in which WooCommerce template it’s located.
This plugin requires PHP version 5.3 or higher.
GPLv3 or later
- Other WordPress plugins by Barry Kooij
- Contact Barry on Twitter: @CageNL
- If you’re a dev, follow or contribute to the WooCommerce inspector plugin on GitHub
Installing the plugin
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for WooCommerce Inspector and click “Install now”
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
woocommerce-inspector.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin
- So how do I use this?
It’s pretty easy. You click the WC Inspector button in the admin bar while browser your website. The website will refresh and you’ll notice that the little bullet next to the ‘WC Inspector’ is now green. From this point you can click on anything on your website, if it’s in a WooCommerce template it will be boxed in and the template will be shown live on your website.
- I don’t have this “admin bar” you’re talking about. Is this required?
Yes, the admin bar is required. The good news is that it’s a default WordPress feature and every theme should support it. You can enable this feature in your profile, located here: yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/profile.php
- I get a notice that ‘this plugin can not run on PHP versions older than 5.3’, how do I fix this?
PHP is a piece of software that’s installed on your server to (help) run your websites. Chances are this is the first time you hear about any of this and that’s OK. There’s a lot of information on this website: http://www.wpupdatephp.com/update/
- Wow, is this for real?
You bet it is.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Inspector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WooCommerce Inspector” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.0 : March 18, 2015
- Initial version