WordPress OpenWeatherMap Weather Forecast Plugin Lite show current weather data and weather forecast data for a city that can be set as default city from admin plugin settings page and from the shortcode.
The shortcode you have to put use is [cspdy_owm_shortcode_content]. The shortcode can have the city inside it like [cspdy_owm_shortcode_content city=”CITY NAME”] or can contain unit like [cspdy_owm_shortcode_content city=”new york” unit=”metric”].
The unit and city provided in shortcode will replace the default city and unit that you set in the settings page. There are both the free and premium version available.
This plugin using third party API keys. below is given the API with the hyperlink from where you can get it:
* OpenWeatherMap API – This is required API
* Bing Maps Key – This is needed if you want to show the map
The radar data of Bing map taken from https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/. Well, you don’t need to visit https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/ and there are no need to get any API keys from there. This is just to inform you.
Below are given the features of free version of this plugin:
- Display current weather data and weather forecast data.
- Use OpenWeatherMap API to show the weather data.
- Show humidity chart.
- Show pressure chart.
- show weather forecast for 7 days.
- Options available to change the color for a various part like theme color, forecast icon size, chart color, chart border color etc.
- Users can search for the city to see the weather data of that city.
- Admin can change the unit from the plugin options panel.
- Enable/disable Bing map.
- Simple widget available. It can show the temperature and feels like temperature for a particular city on the sidebar or any other widget area.
And there are much more features available
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress OpenWeatherMap Weather Forecast Plugin Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress OpenWeatherMap Weather Forecast Plugin Lite” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.