WP Activity Log is the most comprehensive activity log plugin for logging user and system changes.
Keep an activity log of everything that happens on your WordPress sites and multisite networks with the WP Activity Log plugin to:
- Ensure user productivity
- Improve user accountability
- Ease troubleshooting
- Know exactly what all your users are doing
- Better manage & organize your WordPress site & users
- Easily spot suspicious behavior before there are security problems.
WP Activity Log is the most comprehensive real-ime user activity and monitoring log plugin. It helps hundreds of thousands of WordPress administrators and security professionals keep an eye on what is happening on their websites and is the most highly-ated activity log plugin for WordPress.
WP Activity Log has been featured on the websites of some of the most popular and leading businesses in the WordPress ecosystem, such as WPBeginner, GoDaddy, and Kinsta.
MAINTAINED & SUPPORTED BY MELAPRESS
Browse our list of WordPress security and administration plugins to see how our plugins can help you better manage and improve the security and administration of your WordPress websites and users.
WordPress changes and details the WP Activity Log keeps a log of
As a comprehensive and thorough activity log solution for WordPress, WP Activity Log not only tells you that a post, a user profile, or an object was updated, it also lets you know exactly what was changed within the post, the user profile, or the object.
Below is a summary of the changes that the plugin can keep a record of:
Post, page and custom post type changes such as status, content changes, title, URL, custom field, and other metadata changes
Tags and categories changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them, and adding or removing them from posts
Widgets and menus changes such as creating, modifying, or deleting them
User changes such as user created or registered, deleted, or added to a site on multisite network
User profile changes such as password, email, display name, and role changes
User activity such as login, logout, failed logins, and terminating other sessions
WordPress core and settings changes such as installed updates, permalinks, default role, URL, and other site-wide changes
WordPress multisite network changes such as adding, deleting or archiving sites, adding or removing users from sites etc (activity logs for multisite networks).
Plugins and Themes changes such as installing, activating, deactivating, uninstalling, and updating
WordPress database changes such as when a plugin adds or removes a table
Changes on WooCommerce Stores & products, Yoast SEO, WPForms, Gravity Forms, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), MainWP and other popular WordPress plugins.
WordPress site file changes such as new files are added, or existing ones are modified or deleted.
For every event that the plugin records it also reports the:
- Date & time (and milliseconds) of when it happened
- User & role of the user who did the change
- Source IP address from where the change happened
- The object on which the change has taken place
Refer to WordPress activity log event IDs for a complete list of all the changes WP Activity Log can keep a record of and a detailed explanation of what change every event ID represents.
Upgrade to WP Activity Log Premium and get even more
The premium version of WP Activity Log comes bundled with even more features to take your WordPress website administration and security to the next level.
With the premium edition of WP Activity Log, you get:
Premium features list
- See who is logged to your website in real-time,
- See what everyone is doing in real-time,
- Log off any user with just a click,
- Generate HTML and CSV reports,
- Get notified via email of important changes,
- Get instant SMS message alerts of critical site changes,
- Search filters to fine tune the search results and find what you need in seconds,
- Store activity log in an external database to improve security and scalability,
- Mirror the activity log to logs management systems such as AWS CloudWatch, Loggly and Papertrail in real-time,
- Easily mirror the logs in real-time to business communication systems such as Slack,
- Send a copy of your websites’ activity log to a log file on your web server in real-time,
- Archive old activity log data to another database for better storage and log management.
Refer to the WP Activity Log plugin features and benefits page to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to WP Activity Log Premium.
WP Activity Log third-party plugin support
WP Activity Log can keep also a detailed log of changes that happen on third-party plugins, including:
- WooCommerce: Keep a log of changes you and your team do in the WooCommerce store settings, orders, products, coupons, and much more.
- Yoast SEO: Keep a log of the Yoast SEO plugin settings changes, and also of the on-page SEO changes you and your team make in the Yoast SEO meta box.
- WPForms: Keep a log of the changes your team does in the WPForms plugin settings, forms, form files, entries (leads) and more.
- Gravity Forms: Keep a log of the changes your team does in the Gravity Forms plugin settings, forms, forms settings, entries (leads) and more.
- MemberPress: Keep a log of the changes in your MemberPress powered website, including plugin settings changes, memberships, payments, subscriptions and other changes that your team does on your website.
- bbPress: Keep a log of changes in bbPress forums, topics, bbPress settings and more.
- MainWP: Keep a log of the MainWP network changes and can see the activity logs of all child sites from one central location – the MainWP dashboard.
Refer to activity logs for third party WordPress plugins for a complete list of all the plugins WP Activity Log can keep a log of.
Other Noteworthy Features
On top of the comprehensive activity log, WP Activity Log also has a number of non-logging specific features that make it a complete WordPress logging solution, such as:
- Full WordPress multisite support
- Easily create your custom alerts & notifications to monitor additional functionality
- Built-in support for reverse proxies and web application firewalls
- Integration with WhatIsMyIpAddress.com allow you to get all information about an IP address with just a mouse click.
- Limit who can view the WordPress activity log by users or roles
- Settings to toggle (enable/disable) individual event IDs from the activity log
- Configurable dashboard widget highlighting the most recent critical activity
- Configurable WordPress activity log retention policies
- User avatar is displayed in the events for better recognizability
- and much more…
Free and premium support
Premium world-class support for WP Activity Log is free via email or through the WordPress support forums.
Note: Paid customer support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us, please use our contact form.
As featured on:
Related links and documentation:
You can find more detailed information about WP Activity Log and its benefits in the links below
- The WP Activity Log plugin website
- List of WordPress activity log event IDs
- WP Activity Log benefits and features
- WordPress Multisite Features
- The definitive WordPress security guide
Installing WP Activity Log
Install WP Activity Log from within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WP Activity Log’
- Install and activate the WP Activity Log plugin
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking
Install WP Activity Log manually
- Extract the plugin ZIP file and upload it to the
- Activate the WP Activity Log plugin from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking
Does the free version of WP Activity Log limit the data it collects?
No, the free version does not limit the data the plugin collects. The preium version adds additional features such as extensive log filtering options, external database/log management service integration, user session management, and much more.
How long can I keep the log data for?
You can keep the log data for as long as you want to, with no limits whatsoever placed on data retention. You can keep the log data forever if you want to.
Does the plugin send any log data to Melapress?
No, the plugin does not send any log data to us whatsoever. The only data we recieve is license data from the premium edition of the plugin.
Does the plugin receive updates?
We update the plugin fairly regularly to ensure the plugin continues to run in tip-top shape while adding new features from time to time.
Will WP Activity Log slow down my website?
WP Activity Log will not slow down your website. Each release is tested before release to ensure it works in the best way possible. Having said that, you need to make sure your WordPress web server has adequate resources to manage the load of your website.
Support and Documentation
Please refer to our support pages for all the technical and product documentation.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Activity Log” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fixes
- Fixed: Undefined array warning shown on website’s front-end when running Gravity Forms in certain setups.
- Exception handling added for when uploading a PDF as a WooCommerce product image.
- Fixed: fatal error in third step of install wizard when plugin is installed on a vanilla WordPress.
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous version updates of WP Activity Log.