Simple attachment widget that uses native WordPress upload manager to add files link widgets to your site.
- Title and Description
- Attach Existing Files
- Upload New files
- Sort files
Press “Add attachment” button. Upload or choose exists file. Add title or description for file. Press “Insert Into Widget”.
To remove attachment press “x” link.
At any post or page you can use shortcode [widget_attachments] to display widget content.
id – Widget ID (You can see at widget)
limit – How many items can be showed
Example: [widget_attachments id=”3″ limit=5] It will show 5 attached files from Widget ID equal 3;
- In your WordPress administration, go to the Plugins page
- Activate the Image Widget plugin and a subpage for the plugin will appear
in your Manage menu.
- Go to the Appearance > Widget page and place the widget in your sidebar in the Design
If you find any bugs or have any ideas, please mail me.
- PHP 5.1 or above
- WordPress 3.5.1 or above
Contributors & Developers
“Attach Files Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Thx Henrique Vianna
- Added an extra widget configuration option, that allows the user to choose large, small or no icons (defaults to “no icons”, keeping the original plugin behavior)
- Added a frontend.css file to the ./assets/css/ folder for styling the icons display (each file name was wrapped in an additional “div” tag, to help with the positioning of the icons)
- Added filetype icon images to ./assets/images/
- Some tweaks in the i18n functions
- Added Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) translation files
- Fix error with “Featured image”
- Add shortcode to display widget content
- Add files sorting option
- Fix some bugs
- Use new WordPress uploader
- Add description for files
- First version