We often develop sites that include static flash galleries, headers, menus, and intros. It’s often difficult, then, to explain which parts of the site can be changed within WordPress, and which are hard-coded. This plugin is built to manage the excellent flShow Photo Carousel within the comfort of the WordPress dashboard. The carousel is great for displaying the products of an eCommerce site in an attractive header, or simply for showing off your photography portfolio.
- Install the way you would any other WP Plugin. Upload it to your plugins directory and activate it
- Go to ‘Manage > flShow’
- Click “Add New Carousel”
- Fill out the information that you want to use. Mostly the Title and the background color. The rest of the options you can tweak at any time, after you’ve seen how the carousel works by default.
- Click “Choose Images” at the bottom of the carousel settings interface
- In the images interface, you can do the following:
* Find existing images from your WordPress install
* Upload a new image for use in the carousel
* Sort the images that you have in the current image queue by dragging and dropping
7. When you have put all the images in place that you would like to have in your carousel, click the “Preview and Finalize” button
8. If you are happy with your preview, click “Close.” Otherwise, go back and change whatever settings you need to.
9. To insert carousels into your theme, you’ll have to open up the theme file you want to have the carousel in and add the template tag:
<div style="height:200px"><?php flshow( $id ); ?></div> where
$id is the id number found on the Manage > flShow page.
- What are the requirements for this plugin?
- What kind of images can I use?
I would recommend using smaller images that are all roughly the same size in the same carousel. It results in a better display and faster loading times. 5.1 MegaPixel .jpg files are not recommended, You can use the link attribute to allow visitors to see the fullsize image.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“flshow Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors