One of the fancy things within WordPress-plugins, is the availability of shortcodes.
These codes will provide access to plugin-specific things, like displaying a gallery, or a Google-Map.
The downside about this, is that there’s no generic overview of all available shortcodes within your environment.
This plugin will provide a list of all available shortcodes, right where the action is. When you’re editing your content. And it won’t skip the details: it’ll show you what its origin is.
Most of all, if it’s available in the sourcecode, the documentation will be shown.
The plugin is largely based on PHP’s Reflection functionality, and therefore only available from PHP version 5.0.0.
To install Shortcode Reference:
- Download & unzip the ‘shortcode-reference.zip’ into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You’ll have an extra meta-box when editing posts, pages and links, providing realtime information about your available shortcodes and how to use them – if the code they use is documented properly
Contributors & Developers
“Shortcode Reference” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a blocking UI bug by fixing jQuery event handling.
- If a found shortcode originates from the themes-directory, it will tell you so.
Also, if it is available, it will give you the documentation.
- Added reference box to all public post types.
- Changed resolving of the plugin’s css/js files
- Made file lookup case sensitive
- First release
- Get a list of all available shortcodes in a meta-box when editing pages or posts.
- Get the details of a shortcode
- Get or generate a link to a place where more info is available